Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Words of Wisdom?

Today, I found the below picture and it got me to thinking (as things usually do) about happiness. I recall spending numerous hours, smiling from ear to ear, reading the book, “14,000 things to be happy about” by Barbara Kipfer.
So, what is it that makes me happy? Several years ago I started a gratitude journal (and I highly recommend it if you have never done so) of all the things that I was grateful for and made me happy. When I started the list, I listed actual PEOPLE – like my family, friends, etc . PLACES - like book stores, coffee shops, etc. and THINGS - like computers, journals, etc. I also mentioned various EXPERIENCES that I enjoyed – like building snowmen, receiving unexpected letters/packages in the mail, etc.
Today, I still jot down those things, but today - today I am grateful for life, love, laughter and learning, those every day opportunities that some find difficult to grasp. These…these are my "rules" or guidelines to being happy. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment