Monday, March 12, 2012

Personal Mission Statement

Today I was asked, "What is your mission?" I quickly began to talk about my motto to "live, love, laugh and learn." However, I got to thinking about missions and mission statements. Then, my inquisitive side stepped in, "If I were to have a personal mission statement, what would that look like?" So what did I do? I set out to create one. Searching the internet, I found examples after examples and even templates for building your own. Then, I found a needle in the haystack - an online mission statement builder at: 


And after a few edits...here's what I came up with to be my personal mission statement for this year:

I will express my willingness to grow, spiritual and poetic sides by learning about and changing that which I can, by being connected to that which is around me, and by putting pen to paper and relating my personal experiences. I will do this by writing in my blog daily, leaving an inspirational note in a library book, and reading one of my poems in public by 12/31/2012.
What is your personal mission statement? What do you want to accomplish over the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment