Monday, October 19, 2015

21 Days of Gratitude for Love: Day 14



I was told that my writing says a lot about what I am feeling at the present moment. This is somewhat true, yet I have to confess not completely accurate, as I do not post everything that I feel. I do not reveal my innermost feelings here on this public forum regardless of what you think you are "reading" into what I am writing. Some of what I have posted is from years ago. Poems I wrote back in 2009 about a whirlwind love with someone that shall remain nameless (but you know who you are). As a result of this discussion, I am posting today's poem. Long live love!

If I Were
By: Annette Thomas

If I were fearless,

I’d tell you what
My lips have longed
To speak.

I’d take the risk.

I’d express the words
That are caught in
My throat.

If only I were brave.

I’d take the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment