Sunday, March 24, 2024

Look Both Ways

 


Look Both Ways
By Annette Camp
March 24, 2024

When I 
saw her, I 
swiped right.

For chatting?
Friendship?
Something casual
or long-term
relationship?

My only focus:
that smile and
those blue eyes.

Attraction is
so much more
than physical.
Little did I 
really know.

It wasn't about
beauty really,
but a journey.

It was about
connection, 
exploration, 
adventure, 
and love. 

Daily choosing
to love another
unconditionally.

A loving 
unconventional 
relationship. 
No boxes 
or labels.

It was a daily
choice. Until
it wasn't. 

I've learned to
ask more questions,
and look both ways,
multiple times,
before crossing 
the street.



4 comments:

  1. I'm curious what the line "It was a daily
    choice. Until it wasn't" means. Beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended unfortunately. However, I've since asked more questions.

      Delete
  2. Asked more questions?

    ReplyDelete