Sunday, February 25, 2024

The Edge of My Heart





The Edge of My Heart
By Annette Camp
February 25, 2024

Ours is the kind
that people look
at and go "Theirs 
is a real love story."

Our love has the
freedom to just
be, live, and
love. To laugh.
To cry.

And to seek
comfort in 
the arms of
each other.

To choose each
other every day.
Not because we're
bound by a promise
of exclusivity or

A legal document,
but by our true
belief in each 
other. Our love.

Even in times of
frustration with
one another. Or
hard times. I
will choose you.

It may be hard
when you're upset
with me. But I
will remind you.

That regardless
I choose you.
Even when you
are cranky, I
will choose you.

When either of
us do something
stupid, we'll have 
to just remember

To choose each other
regardless and
offer forgiveness.
It will always be a 
daily decision.

Sometimes moment
by moment even.
To be honest,
there have been

Moments when I
thought you were
slipping through my 
fingertips and
I was fearful

Of losing you, but
you always chose me
and that brought 
me reassurance to

Know that of any
decision you could
make, you made
the one to love 
me undisputedly.

There's no other
feeling so good
as that. Whenever
you might push

Me away, I just
have to remember
to breathe through
it and know that
love will win.

And if there 
comes a time
we have to work
at it. I'm willing

To do the work.
I want to do
the work. We 
can do the work
and we don't have

To wait until
it gets hard.
I love that our
relationship

Is one of choice
and that is what
is bursting at the
edge of my heart.
I choose you.


No comments:

Post a Comment