Saturday, June 22, 2024

Life's Fragility

In the wee hours of this morning, I faced, not one but, two head-on collisions - one an immobile police car blocking the road and another automobile in motion towards me. An experience I did not encounter alone. I do not know that my reaction time would have been as responsive, as I had just gotten off my flight from Seattle at 12:45am and had a good hour and a half drive home. I am so thankful for a woman named Freedom Derrico. She saved my life and I am forever grateful.



Life's Fragility
By Annette Camp
June 22, 2024

In this moment,
a near-death car 
crash of oncoming 
headlights haunt me. 

The bright illumination in 
the darkness of the night.
The jarring of the SUV to the 
right and back to fight calamity.

Chaos in that suspended moment.
A cascade of emotions defines 
my existence and the delicate 
beauty of precious life itself.

Enduring lessons carried forward
from the brink of disaster.
A renewed appreciation for 
life's fragility.

No comments:

Post a Comment